Monday, June 13, 2011

Slide Share

I’m taking a class in Educational Technology. I think I mentioned this in previous posts. This week, we’re reading about visual learning tools. These are typically web-based tools that allow you to present information visually. I was asked to upload a presentation to one of these websites. I choose Slide Share. I uploaded a “How To” guide for connecting an iPad to a Wireless network.
I uploaded a word document and in less than a minute, it was online and viewable by Slide Share’s community, which is over 50 million. It’s one of the 250 most visited websites on the web, and one of the top 10 in the educational market. The file was converted into a read-only word document and to my surprise the formatting remained intact.
This is great, but I wasn’t convinced of the power of this site. Then I started reading about Slide Share, and I realized the power of this tool. I’m able to upload presentations, make them public, and share them with anyone. I can also search other presentations and use their work to create or improve presentations for my projects. This is great because it gives me access to a group of people that can comment on my work, share it, or use it elsewhere. It might even mean someone will like what I have to say and hire me to speak or consult.
I was so excited; I decided to post a second presentation I developed about preventing cheating in an online course.
I can’t wait to see what feedback I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment